John Bullock
I was eight years old when I first felt the tug of God's spirit on my life. My parents had faithfully taught me about God's love. I had heard the pastor's call for people to come to God. I had heard all these things. But it had not yet become personal FOR ME!
But that Sunday night in our little church, for the first time, I knew God was speaking to me. He was saying to me that I needed to open my heart to Him. That's when I just moved to the aisle and went forward to tell my pastor, "I want to be saved."
Years later, I told my mother that I had responded to God's call the first time I realized it was for me. She smiled and said, "So my prayer was answered. I always prayed that my children would accept the Savior just as soon as they became aware of their need."
No comments:
Post a Comment